RE: [squid-users] log analysers

From: Angela Burrell <angela@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 14:25:10 -0400

You can do it that way, but why? Squint provides you with a shell program
that will do your access logs for you.
"squint.cron.sh" - you just edit this file to make the $BASEDIR variable
point to your desired output directory (your web server) - on my system this
is /var/www/html/squint - and place your userlist in the "lists" directory
under that. Squint.cron.sh finds it automatically. the file should be called
"userlist", not "userlist.txt".

the command is "squint.cron.sh all" or "squint.cron.sh regen"

if you want to skip the shell program and run squint.pl yourself, you can do
this:

cat access.log | squint.pl /outputdir/ userlist

where outputdir is your HTML directory and userlist is the actual file name
for your user list.

HTH

--AB