Re: [squid-users] conf squid to use a specific interface

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 01:19:07 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004, Wayne Cox wrote:

> I'd like to know how to [if possible] configure Squid to use one specific
> ethernet interface in the machine for outbound traffic to destination web
> sites? I have tried using "tcp_outgoing_address 12.219.10.10" but it doesn't
> seem to be working. Am I even on the right track with that one?

You are on the right track.

What you are missing is proper routing within your OS to make it route
traffic assigned to that NIC out via the provider connected to that NIC.

You did not tell what OS you are using but if using Linux see the Linux
Advanced Routing Howto on how to create the required policy routes.

You could also change the default route of your server, but this may have
impact on other traffic.