[squid-users] A couple of questions

From: Mário Gamito <gamito@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 13:48:35 +0100

Hi,

Although i've been a Linux sysdm for years, only now i need squid.
So, i'm a newbie at it.

Before posting, i've made my home work, but didn't get through my problems.

1. I want to deny all ftp access to everyone. I've read that

acl negados_ftp proto ftp
http_access deny negados_ftp

would do the job, but i can browse all ftp sites either through ftp
direcly or through a web interface.

How can i do this ?

2. Is it possible to have the acl rules in a separate file other than
squid.conf ? How ?

3. Imagine this situation: i have an internal network with a squid proxy
let's say in 10.10.2.33
ok, i configure my browsers to use the 10.10.2.33 machine as proxy.
Now, what about if my ISP also requires to define a proxy in the browser ?
How can i overcome this ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Warm regards,
Mário Gamito