RE: [squid-users] A couple of questions

From: Elsen Marc <elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 15:14:19 +0200

> Hi Elsen,
>
> Thank you for your answer.
>
> I have this in this manner. Is it right ?
>
> acl negados dstdomain .microsoft.com .gildot.org
> http_access deny negados
> http_access allow all
>
> acl negados_ftp proto ftp
> http_access deny negados_ftp

If it is like that in squid.conf. Probably not. Because
'http_access allow all' is preceding :

      http_access deny negados_ftp

> > Have SQUID use the ISP's proxy as a parent.
> How can i do that ?

 Check the 'cache_peer' directive in squid.conf.default and comments
for starters.
It should get you going. If the parent does not use/understand ICP
then use the 'no-query' option when defining the parent.

M.