RE: [squid-users] SSL and Reverse Proxy

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 19:05:29 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004, Chris Perreault wrote:

> Until you mentioned it I did not notice the second "vhost" in that config
> line. It works but now I wonder why its there too. (If I understand your
> question about "twice" correctly)

Correct. But specifying it twice is no difference than specifying it once
so that does not matter.

My question is why vhost is even specified on a https_port? Are you really
doing domain based virtual hosting on this port to your Squid? Is browsers
able to request https://domain1.example.com/ and
https://domain2.example.com/ and both domain1.example.com and
domain2.example.com resolve to the same IP address of your https_port?
This is what the vhost directive does; enables Host: header based virtual
hosting, the same as NameBasedVirtualHost in apache.