Re: [squid-users] forwarding requests to a parent proxy outside local network

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 15:16:30 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004, PraktikantMPI Toni (MPI) wrote:

> I have set up a Squid Proxy as child proxy in a LAN. It should forward
> all http requests (which are not directed to the LAN => this is
> nonrelevant for my problem) to a proxy outside the LAN. This proxy
> belongs a third party provider, it is a "black box"for me, i have no
> access to and no information about this machine. The only thing I know
> about this machine is the ip address and the port on that it waits for
> http requests.

There is very little you need to know. All you need to know is how you are
supposed to access this other proxy using your favorite web browser. The
rest is in the FAQ.

> Is there anything wrong with this config ? (I am running squid 2.5stable6)

Your cache_peer line is not correct. Missing the no-query tag to indicate
this is a non-ICP peer.

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-4.html#ss4.9