[squid-users] Squid and foreign domain socket listener

From: David W. Brown <dwbrown@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 10:22:05 +0000 (UTC)

Hello squid experts and gurus, I installed Squid some months ago with no problems or complaints. I have only gotten very good service from Squid but recently I have noticed a very curious situation (output follows). I have a foreign IP address bound to a socket listening on domain ports and other ports. I have tabulated as much data as possible. If someone has some ideas as to the status and what it represents of the following tablulated data I would appreciate very much if someone could explain to me what is the problem. Also, let me know if and how much my system has been compromised.

Thanks, David.