RE: [squid-users] Squid and foreign domain socket listener

From: Elsen Marc <elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 13:03:53 +0200

> Hello Elsen, apparently, Majordomo did not like my last post.

  Not related to the Squid list. This Majordomo reply I am getting it
too with posts and it a bogus subscriptor currently on the list
sending this foolish stuff always back.

> I apologize for the blunder. I am including the messages and
> error conditions found as follows:
>
> netstat -a
>
> tcp 0 0 207-87-18-203.wsm:34335
> 207-87-18-203.wsm:34334 ESTABLISHED

 I am not sure what it is and possibly this is even not related to SQUID.
 Check integrity of your system and whether intended security policies
 have not been breached.

 If you suspect these connections are generated by SQUID.
 Then check SQUID's access log, watch for the same patterns , and find out
 who 'starts' those connections. Possibly , denial of service attack, or bogus
 http applications could cause this.

 Also check : Cachemgr -> 'Process File Descriptor Allocation'

 Check if the same host (pattern) is listed
 somewhere in this output. Possibly giving further
 possibilities to identify these connections.

 M.