[squid-users] WARNING cache_mem is larger than total disk cache space-help!

From: Siju George <ml_sgeorge@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 14:39:21 +0530

Hi,

I installed Squid on OpenBSD 3.5 to use as a Proxy between the Internet and
LAN.

I am able to connect to the internet and view webpages from the internet but
when I
start squid initially the following error shows up.

"WARNING cache_mem is larger than total disk cache space!"

The total disk cache space on my system is 600Mb. ie. I have a 600 MB Swap
partition.

How can I rectify this problem?

There are at presently 12 LAN users at present and it will grow to 35 soon.
They use internet very heavily! How should I configure the cache memory? I
mean could you please recommend the Optimum Cache Size?

If necessarry I am willing to increase the total disk cache space. ie. I'll
repartition Swap. I need speed and Optimum Perfomance.

Below is relevant portion of my squid.conf Posted so you can have a look. I
configured by
reading the pdf provied from the squid website. Well in the way I understood
it.

Please look into this problem and help me.

Thankyou Somuch,

warm regards

Siju

# OPTIONS WHICH AFFECT THE CACHE SIZE