[squid-users] running 2 squid's at the same time

From: Rob Freeman <jagaholic@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 10:08:42 -0500

Can anyone help with the following configuration?

We have a windows 2000 domain users log into. We are putting in suse
9.1 with squid in place to proxy internet access. I am able to use a
group policy to change OU's in windows to point to the suse box
without any problems.

Now the issue. My boss wants 2 sets of users, 1 with limited internet
access, the other with full. While I can perform an acl for ip
address in squid to do this, it does not work since we have people
logging into different machines.

I googled this for a while, and did where you can run multiple
sessions of squid. I tried using this command:

squid -f /usr/local/bin/production/squid.conf -N -u 8081

It comes back with this:

2004/08/26 09:55:06| Squid is already running! Process ID 3246

Has anyone been able to use 2 sessons of squid on 1 box?

Rob