Re: [squid-users] running 2 squid's at the same time

From: bimal pandit <bimalp@dont-contact.us>
Date: 27 Aug 2004 10:51:38 +0530

Dear Rob

> Now the issue. My boss wants 2 sets of users, 1 with limited internet
> access, the other with full. While I can perform an acl for ip
> address in squid to do this, it does not work since we have people
> logging into different machines.

i think you should make two groups of users and deny/allow according to
the user name.

e.g.

acl your_pass proxy_auth REQUIRED
acl limit_group proxy_auth a b c d e
acl unlimit_group proxy_auth f g h i j
acl time_limit time 16.00-20.00

http_access allow limit_group your_pass time_limit
http_access allow unlimit_group your_pass

hope this will help.

regards,

Bimal Pandit