[squid-users] Different application port number

From: Andy Low <list@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 10:10:46 +0800

Hi,

Hope that you can assist:

I am using squid. I have an application which takes browser proxy settings
which point to squid. This application is using a different port number, eg
TCP 6800.

1) Can my application works through Squid?
2) Is there any configuration I need to allow bypassing Squid if it cannot
work?
3) Must I install SOCKS on Squid server?
4) Other methods to make it work? Like redirection to a differnent gateway?
Since I have another gateway without squid? Does anyone know how to
configure redirection on squid to different gateway given that the browser
points to the Squid?

Thanks,

Andy