Re: [squid-users] Hard Drive Latency

From: Thomas-Martin Seck <tmseck-lists@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 15:23:06 +0200

* Henrik Nordstrom (hno@squid-cache.org):

> On Mon, 30 Aug 2004, Robert Collins wrote:
>
> >It should be supported just fine these days... freeBSD has kernel
> >threads now.

Well not quite; FreeBSD 5.3 has, the 4.x series does not and will
probably never have now that the 5 series is about to be declared the
stable branch. I made aufs a default-to-off tunable in the FreeBSD
port for those who'd like to test it, though.

> Test reports welcome ;-)

I'd like to compare 4.10+diskd against 5.3+diskd/aufs on the same
hardware with web polygraph. Is there a specific workload I can (or
should) use for this (I did not work with polygraph yet and am just
studying the manual)?