Re: [squid-users] append_domain and particular exeption

From: Warwick Bruce Chapman <warwick@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 15:41:31 +0200

Umm... surely having DNS configured for your local domain should solve
this one without the need for any special squid configuration.

In our case, our internet gateway runs bind (DNS Server) and hosts the
192.168.0.x zone and the foo.bar.za zone.

On all our Linux and Windows PCs, the domain or DNS suffix is set to
foo.bar.za, so any attempt to resolve the ipaddress of a PC called
hostname will return the address of hostname.foo.bar.za from the bind
service running on our internet gateway.

HTH
Warwick Chapman