[squid-users] Which authentication method for me?

From: Boniforti Flavio <boniforti@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 16:17:50 +0200

Hello (again) list!
I have to set up authentication on our squid box, and the first thing
I'm in doubt of is which kind of authentication best suits my needs.
Personally, I'd like to get users authenticated using the same
credentials they use to log on to Windows (which means using an
authentication scheme against Active Directory, don't know it's name,
tough!). So, in this case, what would I need? How should I set things up?
My boss, instead, would like to have our users to type user/pass
keypairs everytime the open for the first time their browsers. This
would lead to a second "user database", I guess, which would be
separated from Windows' Active Directory. What authentication and setup
would best suit in this latter case?

Thank you for your suggestions...

--
Boniforti Flavio