Re: [squid-users] Which authentication method for me?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 19:21:31 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004, Billy Macdonald wrote:

> I think LDAP can be used in AD environment for basic only but not sure again,
> never done that. You'll need to search the FAQ

In and AD environment you can choose either LDAP or Winbind for Basic
authenticaiton, but since most people with an AD also wants the integrated
ntlm login support they need winbind anyway and it is then easier to use
winbind for both.

The winbind authentication is also a little easier to configure, but
requires a little more complex software: a running Samba joined to the AD
tree or NT domain provided within the AD. Compared to just squid_ldap_auth
with the correct parameters for your AD.