Re: [squid-users] can my isp see sites i visitied if i am using proxy?

From: Christoph Haas <email@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 23:55:05 +0200

Who are you? I don't like pseudonyms.

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 07:03:50PM +0300, evil@Evilx.Org wrote:
> if i surf the internet connected to Squid Web proxy
> can my isp knows what sites did i visited ?

They can (technically) sniff your traffic any time. The only information
you hide is your internal client IP address unless you enabled the
X-Forwarded-For header. How do you think traffic will reach its
destination? HTTP-over-miracle?

I may be mistaken regarding your intentions but... if you try to do
illegal things you should know more than just how to install Squid.

 Christoph

--
~
~