Re: [squid-users] Problems with ntlm authentication

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 18:42:03 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 Arno.STREULI@ca-indosuez.ch wrote:

> Hmm I think you can't forward NTLM authetication because of a miss use on
> windows NT I think it's on the faq of Squid (11.14 proxy of cache).

You can not proxy NTLM authentication due to misdesign in how Microsoft
integrated the NTLM authentication scheme into HTTP.

You can not forward NTLM authentication from one server to another due to
the challenge-response design of NTLM only allowing a single endpoint to
perform the NTLM authentication.