[squid-users] Two authentication schemes, NTLM and LDAP

From: Michael Pophal <michael.pophal@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 12:08:11 +0200

Hi all,

my problem is, I have to provide two authentication schemes, LDAP and
NTLM. Unfortunately the user has no choice which scheme to use, because
this is negotiated between browser and proxy. The strongest
authentication scheme wins -> NTLM. But some of my users only have
credentials on LDAP, others on the domain controller (NTLM).

I tried to give the choice by calling one proxy on two different ports,
to seperate the http_access lines by

acl NTLM_auth_port myport 3333
acl LDAP_auth_port myport 3334

http_access allow NTLM_auth_port NTLM_authenticated_user
http_access allow LDAP_auth_port LDAP_authenticated_user

but this doesn't help.

So the next step is to run two squids on one machine. Here my question:
Is it feasible to share one disk cache between both squids (I run
diskd)? I don't want to have redundant disk cache.

If you have any good ideas to above mentioned problem I would very
appreciate that!

Thanks !!

Regards,
  Michael