RE: [squid-users] Redirector

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 13:28:18 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 2 Sep 2004, Elsen Marc wrote:

> My now getting older Compaq ML370 with a fairly old
> Linux 2.2 kernel, still laughs at our 1500 user base
> Much depends on the avg. http reqs/sec SQUID has to deal with.
> In our case that is around 45 reqs/sec during office hours which is
> still rather mild for SQUID.

Hehe.

Just to give some number of the other side of the spectrum the eMARA
reverse proxy / SSL accelerator from MARA Systems now handles at peak rate
1100 https requests/s in the lab with full RSA handshakes, encryption and
all it involves in terminating SSL connections. Admittedly with the help
of special crypto hardware as a P4 2.8GHZ CPU can only do about 200 RSA
handshakes/s..