Re: [squid-users] Redirector postion ?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 19:34:03 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004, Michael Gale wrote:

> I am planning on adding in a redirector for adzapper and squidguard today and was going to place the redirector above
> section A.

Where the redirect_program statement is placed in your squid.conf makes no
functional difference. Redirectors is always used after http_access
processing but before the cache lookup.

> I know this is more of a design question so I am just curious if anyone
> else has run into problems with how they have laid out their ACL's.

What kind of problems? The redirect_program statement is completely
separate from the Squid acls and http_access rules.