Re: [squid-users] Squidguard

From: Rob H <rob.hadfield@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 09:58:21 +1000

> > Hello,
> >
> > I am getting the following error and can not find out why:
> >
> > parse error in configfile squidGuard.conf line 4
> >
> > Here is the top of the file:
> >
> > logdir /home/squid/squidextra/squidgaurd/squidGuard/log
> > dbhome /home/squid/squidextra/squidgaurd/squidGuard/db
> >
> > src managers {
> > ip X.X.X.X
> > ip X.X.X.X
> > ip X.X.X.X
> > ip X.X.X.X
> > }
> >

> You can only have one IP declaration per source created..
>
> As taken from SquidGuard.org:

---(SNIPPED)---

> HTH
>
> Regards
> Jay

Not so Jay.

From: http://www.squidguard.org/config/
~~~~~~
Breaking long lines
Generally you may break a (long) line by repeating the leading
keyword. Repeated lines of the same type within a class will bee
joined when the rule trees are built. So:

src foo {
ip 1.2.3.4
ip 2.3.4.5
}

is equivalent to:

src foo {
ip 1.2.3.4 2.3.4.5
}

~~~~~~

In regards to the parse error, I don't know that this will help, but
try removing the comments from the "src exp" list.

Are you using a Linux server, but wrote the config in Windows and
uploaded it up to your server? Sometimes Linux applications do not
like their config files written in Windows - it has something to do
with how Windows structures the file.

---
Regards,
Rob Hadfield