RE: [squid-users] Getting username into squid access.log

From: Discussion Lists <discussions@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2004 12:47:23 -0700

Hi Joe,
I have been able to set up a Squid proxy that forces users to
authenticate to it using Samba and Winbind. With a few ACL's I can
restrict who can, and cannot access the Internet. This also shows up on
the access.log as "domain\username." If you need more details, email me
directly, and I will be happy to help in any way I can. BTW, this isn't
for transparent mode, although (at least in a windows environment) you
don't need it.

Thanks,
Mark