Re: [squid-users] Outlook Web Access and bypassing Squid using Squid

From: A. Sajjad Zaidi <sajjad@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 12:37:35 +0500

On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 08:18:46PM +0200, Christoph Haas wrote:

> That's what I needed to do with older Squid versions. As you are running
> the latest stable you shouldn't need the extension_methods. My coworkers
> are running the Exchange web interface, too. And although it works
> better on non-IE (looks like the braindead software hackers in Redmond
> have installed browser detection and the hell-sent ActiveX) Squid poses
> no problem in between the browser and the web interface.

Strange.

It doesn't matter which browser is used. We still get an authorization
failed error on the main page (http://my.domain.net/). The blank page
comes up after we directly access http://my.domain.net/exchange/ and
click the login link.

> Anything denied in the logs?

The logs show a 401 response.

> If you have the above problem with 'interception mode' then ignore me. We
> will never use that mode in production for various reasons. In "standard
> mode" (pointing the browsers to http://proxyserver:3128) it works fine.

Then must be some weird setting on the OWA setup.

> You can use ACLs with "always_direct" and "never_direct". Even 'src'
> ACLs.

I tried those too, but nothing changed. The following acl still produces
the same error:

acl myaclname dstdomain my.domain.net
always_direct allow myaclname

--