Re: [squid-users] Squid with no disk cache

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 10:06:33 +0200

On 08.09 14:31, ??? ??? wrote:
> running Squid 2.5 as an HTTP accelerator on a linux machine. I have a
> machines with large memory (2G). When I check my system I/O I can see
> that I have a bottleneck in disk IO. I would like to config my squid to
> use only memmory cache (without writing the cache to the local disk).

you could use

cache_dir null /null

as storage directory (IIRC the squid fails if you don't give it at lease
one directory).

however on machine with 2GB of RAM, there should not be a problem unless
something is very bad...

tell us more about your machine (its uses, disk space, CPU, disks, OS, FS
for cache, size of the cache, cache_mem) and we will probably find out
where is the problem.

How does cat play with mouse? cat /dev/mouse