Re: [squid-users] Can Squid do this

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 13:27:42 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004, LAwrence Strydom wrote:

> THey also require certain groups of users to have access to certain ports. IE
> managers can access port xxx while employees can not.
> Is this possible with squid?

Squid has about the most complete access controls available in any proxy
on the market.

> Is A short example of how I would do this with
> ACL's too much to ask for. ;-)

See Squid FAQ chapter 10 for an introduction to Squid access controls.
There is also a great deal of information in the Suqid Users Guide and if
your prefer reading on paper in the "SQUID The Definite Guide" book
written by one of the primary authors of Squid and published by Oreilly.