[squid-users] Squid and ISA/ Viruswall

From: Voelker Christian <cvoelker@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 08:58:30 +0200

Yohoo!

We are connected through a corporate network. The internetaccess through
this corporate network ist done by an MS ISA Proxy together with a
viruswall; installed as a transparent proxy. There's no influence from
our side.

If we are downloading a bigger file (bigger than 100MB; let's say an iso
image or so) via this viruswall it works as follows:
First, the browser gets an transfer rate from about 0,5kB/sec while the
viruswall is scanning the file; if the virusscan is finished, it boosts
up to 70-80kB/sec.

Now we've installed a squid 2.4STABLE7-4 (from RedHat) as our local
proxy. There's no interaction between the squid and the ISA/ Viruswall
(like ICP or so).

Now our problem: When we are trying to download a bigger file (like
above); the download starts as usual; it boosts as usual. Some few
minutes after the boost the browser tells me "download finished". When I
take a look in my home- dir, there is the file, but it is a lot smaller
than it should be (150- 300MB; should be 700MB).

Is there anyone here, who can give me a little approach to the solution?
Where should i have a look?

THX& CU