RE: [squid-users] Bypass Squid

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 00:03:34 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004, Brad Taylor wrote:

>> How is the requests getting to Squid? Change that to refer to the
>> backend.
>
> DNS, not really an option. Other than an extra Squid server, I'm
> looking for something real time.

Which leaves IP or proxying.

>>> Or use a TCP plug or simlar "trivial proxy" in place of Squid.
>
> Could the TCP plug or "trivial proxy" be activated only if Squid failed?
> Do you know where I could find more info on doing something like this?

xinetd includes simple TCP plog or port forwarding as it is alsok known
by, but there exists very many different such software. One of the older
(and from where the name comes) is the tcp plug in the TIS Firewall
Toolkit.

There is about as many ways to doing this as there is words in this
message. Too many to describe them all. None is really related to Squid,
just how to get traffic from one place to another.