Re: [squid-users] Squid and ISA/ Viruswall

From: Voelker Christian <cvoelker@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 17:22:17 +0200

Yohoo!

> > Now our problem: When we are trying to download a bigger file (like
> > above); the download starts as usual; it boosts as usual. Some few
> > minutes after the boost the browser tells me "download finished". When I
> > take a look in my home- dir, there is the file, but it is a lot smaller
> > than it should be (150- 300MB; should be 700MB).
> >
> > Is there anyone here, who can give me a little approach to the solution?
> > Where should i have a look?
>
> first verify that you have not tuned your Squid wrongly by client_lifetime
> or similar timeout option causing the download to terminate. The default
> settings is good.
Done- it's on default of 1 day- there I've nothing changed.

> Then enable log_mime_hdrs in squid.conf and pay close attention to the
> Content-Length header in the reply and compare this with the total size of
> the reply logged by Squid. content-length should be the size of the
> downloaded file and The total size should be slightly larger than the
> content-length.

Done. The no after TCP_MISS/200 ist the reported size: 663937? The
content-length ist 679722160- a "little" bit bigger. And the
conten-length seems to be correct.

> If the content-length is correct but the total reply size too small then
> more detailed analysis is required. Basically you need to determine who is
> closing the connection fisrt
Ok, i started ethereal an captured for the complete time of download.
The filter was set to the src/dstport. First of all I wondered, that
even in a normal request the "FIN" packets are not the last....
I'll test again to approach the proposed possibilities.