[squid-users] Authenticating against NT4 domain using squid-proxy

From: <Juergen_Fischer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 19:39:52 +0200 (MEST)

Dear all,

I have the following problem:

We are using Squid (2.5.STABLE6) as our proxy server.
If someone on a Windows OS Client goes to a site with NT4 domain
authentication the following error
is
reported:
You are not authorized to view this page You do not have permission to view
this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.

Please try the following:
* Click the Refresh <javascript:location.reload()> button to try again with
different credentials.
* If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please
contact the Web site administrator by using the e-mail address or phone
number listed on the pcscall.wetter.dematic.de home page.
HTTP 401.2 - Unauthorized: Logon failed due to server configuration Internet
Information Services Technical Information (for support personnel)
* Background:
This is usually caused by a server-side script not sending the proper
WWW-Authenticate header field. Using Active Server Pages scripting this is
done by using the AddHeader method of the Response object to request that
the client use a certain authentication method to access the resource.
* More information:
Microsoft
Support
<http://www.microsoft.com/ContentRedirect.asp?prd=iis&sbp=&pver=5.0&pid=&ID=401.2&cat=web&os=&over=&hrd=&Opt1=&Opt2=&Opt3=>

Disableing the proxy for that site will fix the problem.
How can I get the authentication running with the proxy ?

In the FAQ I found
11.14 Does Squid work with NTLM Authentication?

So I was pointed to "auth_param NTLM", but I was not successful in
implemeting.

Can anyone explain what I have to do, please:
- Do I have to use a authentication program ?
- Where do I get that from ?
- What lines to add in squid.conf

Thanks a lot

Juergen