[squid-users] RE: using squid only for delay_pools

From: Adam Aube <aaube01@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 19:50:31 -0400

Linux Query wrote:

> Thanks! But I do have the no_cache deny all directive
> in my squid.conf However I am looking for the most
> optimum configuration with minimum overheads

> Should I have the directives like ----always_direct allow all---

This is only used in heirarchies of caches and is not needed in this case.

> ----log_icp_query off---

Better to just disable ICP by setting icp_port to 0.

> Do I need the httpd_accel directives at all ?

No.

> The following is my configuration file.

> icp_port 3130

Change icp_port to 0.

> cache_mem 64 MB

Since you don't want to cache, you might as well leave this at the default
of 8 MB.

> cache_dir ufs /cache/ 200 16 256

Better to compile Squid with support for a null cache_dir. Running
'./configure --help' will give more information.

Adam