[squid-users] Problems with https links

From: Eduardo Naiderman <enaiderman@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 18:38:36 -0300

Hello,

  I'm using squid/2.5.STABLE3 with authentication and I'm having some poblems when I use a https link in a mail or in a Word Document. I've debug in my PC with Ethereal and Windows is not sending the complete GET after the log in. The error is:

ERROR

While trying to retrieve the URL: /index.pxt

The following error was encountered:

Invalid URL
Some aspect of the requested URL is incorrect. Possible problems:

Missing or incorrect access protocol (should be `http://'' or similar)
Missing hostname
Illegal double-escape in the URL-Path
Illegal character in hostname; underscores are not allowed

   I think this means that my PC is sending only the end of the URL (in this case the complete URL is https://rhn.redhat.com/index.pxt . This not happend when the link is http.
   I know that Windwos should send the complete URL but I can t do anything about that.
    Do you if there s something I can configure in the Squid to solve this problem?
    Thanks,

                 Eduardo

The information contained in this message is private and confidential,
intended only for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, your are hereby
notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify
us immediately by responding to this email an then delete it from
your system. Thank you.

La informacion contenida en este mensaje es privada y confidencial.
Si usted no es el destinatario del mismo, queda notificado por este
medio que esta prohibido revelar, copiar o distribuir esta informacion.
Si ha recibido este mensaje por error, por favor notifique al remitente
en forma inmediata y proceda a borrarlo del sistema. Muchas gracias.