AW: [squid-users] Is it possible to add cookies to requests going thru Squid?

From: Hannes Schmidt <mail@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 23:04:00 +0200

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Sep 2004, Hannes Schmidt wrote:
>
>> I would like my Squid proxy to add a cookie header to all requests
>> going to one particular site. Can I do that easily?
>
> This is possible using the redirector header patch published on the
> list some time ago.

Thanks, Henrik! That sounds exactly like what I need. I'm a little worried
that it is going to slow down my proxy server, but I guess I can implement a
redirector for my use in C. Also, I am using NTLM authentication already and
I didn't notice any significant delay using that.

>> Background: My website uses a logfile statistics package. However,
>> the people in my department access this website frequently, e.g. to
>> use the CMS. I do not want the stats to be skewed by these
>> 'internal' traffic, I'm
>> only interested in hits by real customers.
>
> You also have the X-Forwarded-For header which can be used by the
> site to identify your users by IP.

Our local IPs are from the 192.168.X.Y range, so this solution might be a
little unreliable.