Re: [squid-users] Squid and Apache Authentication

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 23:57:26 +0200

On 22.09 15:42, Martyn Bright wrote:
> I would like to be able to use a web page on my Apache server to validate a
> users id and password, and then redirect them on to another external site
> via a copy of Squid installed on the same machine. I have seen numerous
> references to this as a possibility, but can anyone give me confirmation
> that it works and what steps I will require to configure it.

I think you should use only apac he or only squid for this.

For apache, you can easily set up <virtualhost> or <directory> with
authentication needed (see AuthUserFile, require and satisfy directives),
and proxied (see ProxyPass and PRoxyPassReverse) to other host/port.

You can do this with squid ACL's, with and without squid behaving as http
accelerator (iirc) using acl directives.

The 3 biggets disasters: Hiroshima 45, Tschernobyl 86, Windows 95