RE: [squid-users] Squid and Apache Authentication

From: Chris Perreault <Chris.Perreault@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 07:47:10 -0400

Do a search on "Patch Submission" then look for header manipulation. The
patch was needed only if you had a need to play with the headers.

We had them make a bunch of pages that did the redirector stuff on apache,
but as I said, I'd help more if I knew all the details but if I did we
wouldn't have needed a consultant, which we chose from:
http://www.squid-cache.org/Support/services.html. To answer your question
though....yes, what you want to do can be done. Someone else on the list
might be able to offer assistance and if not, visit the above link. The
price we payed was very reasonable for the time and effort it saved us.

Chris