RE: [squid-users] Please help testing Squid-2.5.STABLE7

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 17:19:40 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004, Elsen Marc wrote:

> However , as the Mozilla development community does, I wonder
> whether it would not be more practical to post a release
> called 2.5.STABLE7-RC1, etc.
>
> As a user I would be more motivated to test SQUID as then,there
> is a clear reference point for reporting bugs.

Good point. Done.

I never really considered this such big problem during the STABLE cycles
as each nightly snapshot is practically a release candidate during a
STABLE cycle.

The reason why I am pushing harder for testing of this release is the fact
that we hope to close down the Squid-2.5 maintenance save for critical
bugs after this release, which means that any non-critical annoying
features found or remaining after the release of 2.5.STABLE7 you most
likely will have to live with until Squid-3.0.STABLE sees the light.