RE: [squid-users] Please help testing Squid-2.5.STABLE7

From: Elsen Marc <elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 15:47:54 +0200

> Hello Squid Users,
>
> The Squid developers is currently preparing a
> Squid-2.5.STABLE7 release

 I endorse this 'call' and congratulate the SQUID developers
with their ongoing efforts this improve this marvellous software product.

However , as the Mozilla development community does, I wonder
whether it would not be more practical to post a release
called 2.5.STABLE7-RC1, etc.

As a user I would be more motivated to test SQUID as then,there
is a clear reference point for reporting bugs.
Now the nightly snapshot 'setup' makes me less motivated to
participate in this process.
As it is would be always easy to reply from a developer
in the complex ages we are living in :

 'Oh that problem has already been fixed in the snapshot
from yesterday.

Basically and usually emotional based default argument reasoning
which is an increasingly bigger problem as the IT age 'complexifies'.
And perhaps may stop enhancing software in the end.

It should be avoided. Therefore I make a plea for such
a mechanism.

Thx.

M.