Re: [squid-users] Why does Squid need a direct connection?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 10:39:39 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004, Matt Alexander wrote:

> I've read that Squid shouldn't be behind a firewall because it needs a
> direct connection.

Eh? Where did you read this?

Squid FAQ 4.8 How do I configure Squid to work behind a firewall?
<url:http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-4.html#ss4.8>

Or if your firewall is a packet filtering one just allow Squid to reach
the Internet by whatever means provided by the firewall.

Or in other words, Squid runs happily behind a firewall as long as it is
told how it can reach the requested content.