[squid-users] RedHat AS v3 Squid Question

From: Lewars, Mitchell \(EM, PTL\) <mitchell.lewars@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 11:41:11 -0400

We are installing new RedHat AS v3 servers.

We prefer to use the Squid supplied by RedHat to keep in line with any updates from RedHat.

They will be running on HP Proliant 380s with 2CPUs and 4GB RAM.

We be running SmartFilter 4.0 on one and using the other as a caching server.

Are there any specific performance or scalability issues we should bear in mind?

Is there any specific compilation options that would make us want to recompile Squid?

Thanks!

Mitchell Lewars
Penske Truck Leasing Co.
mitchell.lewars@penske.com