[squid-users] Squid serve stale object while fetching fresh

From: Jake Gold <jake@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 08:41:02 -0700

I am looking for documentation describing Squid's (2.x and 3.x) behavior when an object expires.

In accelerator mode does Squid serve the stale version of an object while it is waiting for a fresh copy, or does it block requests while it gets a new copy, or do all requests become misses and go through?

Are there any configuration options to control this behavior?

I want to serve stale objects until Squid is able to fetch a fresh copy, I'm hoping there is some way to do that?

Thanks for your help.

Jake