[squid-users] Re: Subnets

From: Adam Aube <aaube01@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 21:56:56 -0400

ilopez@jalisco.gob.mx wrote:

> My problem is I have a lot of subnets and I have a vlan in each subnet
> some vlans have their own intranet pages and someother vlans can access to
> this pages by router`s access lists but squid is in other subnet and It
> can not get this pages because squid is not speficed in this access list

The best way to fix this is to change the router's access list, unless you
have a very good reason not to do so.

> Is there a way that squid can get this pages without modify my access
> lists?

Assuming that all devices are plugged into a switch that controls the VLAN
setup, then it can be done. You will need to:

1) Configure the switch to enable the port the Squid server is on to access
any other VLAN.

2) Configure IP aliases on the Squid server's network card to give it an
alias for each subnet, allowing Squid to send traffic directly to the
subnets without using the router.

Adam