RE: [squid-users] squid proxy optimisation

From: Elsen Marc <elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 10:49:12 +0200

> Hi,
>
> I used a proxy squid which caches all the internet traffic of the
> establishment.
> I saw the logs ( especialy le acces.log ) and determine that
> only 26% of the
> requests are cached.
> How can i go on and change my squid configuration in the rigth way?

  The right way may be to leave it that way (...).

  Not all url's are intended for caching and/or
  may have short 'livetimes'.

  Squid takes into account 'freshness parameters'
  offered by remote webservers.

  However you can tweak 'refresh_pattern' to bend
  these actions somewhat.
  See comments in squid.conf.default for further explanation(s)

  M.