[squid-users] Blocking harmful jpegs/MIME types

From: Eric Geater 9/01/04 <egeater@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 10:21:36 -0500

A discussion in another group handed a suggestion that Squid could be
told to block MIME types in HTTP responses, which means that Squid could
be called in to help with certain problems associated with the GDIplus
vulnerability in Microsoft products. We use Squid as our proxy for our
entire network, and I was interested to know if anyone has implemented
this solution, or knows about blocking MIME types... We don't block a
lot at work right now (just about 3 or 4 ACLs total), but it looks like
we might become interested.

I've never blocked a MIME ever (even in real life), so I'll admit
complete stupidity to the subject. However, if it's viable, I'm very
interested.

Thanks!

Eric Geater
egeater at mscoinc dot com