[squid-users] Credentials Forwarding

From: Christopher Vaughan <chris@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 07:39:34 -0700 (PDT)

I saw where this was mentioned back in 2000 on the list, but I haven't
been able to find an answer. Here is the scenario:

I've got Apache2 and Squid running on the same (linux) machine. Users
are authenticated to squid using ntlm_auth. For applications on the web
server, I would like to use the credentials provided to Squid via NTLM.

I used to use mod_ntml on Apache for this, but Apache2 has hopelessly
broken support for mod_ntml. Since I can prohibit access to the web
application except through Squid, it would make sense to just use the
existing (and working) authentication Squid provides.

I don't need full credentials (login and password), all I really need
is for Squid to report to the web server what the name the requesting
logged into Squid with. X-Squid-Username or some such header.

Any suggestions?
Chris Vaughan