Re: [squid-users] optimization suggestions?

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 20:10:51 +0200

On 01.10 08:41, Victor Medina wrote:
> I have changed the disk replacement policy to LFUDA
>
> I will also give a try to Async-UFS and COSS. But I cannot do it on week
> days due to traffic issues with costumers. ( I need to compile a new
> SQUID, and I will use the opportunity to upgrade squid and samba to the
> latest stable release, in one shot! =)

you can easily switch to aufs (if you have compiled squid with it).
how many requests do you have per second?
also check disk use by "iostat -d 1" to see if disk is the short place

> On the other side, after seeing my config, do you agree with the
> parameters i have used? any comments on memory, disk space? file system
> used(REISER btw.)?

reisersfs and XFS are OK, memory is OK, I didn't say more because I don't
know more about your system - dedicated disk(s) etc etc

then used against you.