Re: [squid-users] Re: performance

From: azeem ahmad <azeem81@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 02:09:57 +0500

>From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@fantomas.sk>
>To: squid-users@squid-cache.org
>Subject: Re: [squid-users] Re: performance
>Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 13:53:59 +0200
>
> > azeem ahmad wrote:
> > > since the day i got my cache full (two partitions of 3 gb each) i m
>facing
> > > the problem of low speed.
>
>On 02.10 20:29, Adam Aube wrote:
> > If the proxy is slow after the cache fills up, then your system is
>likely
> > running out of RAM and beginning to swap. What is the output of free?
>
>another possibility is that he filled up the filesystem too much,
>filesystems usually slow up when they are filled over 90%.

the swap is being used on my system but a little bit like upto 15MB. its a
dual 667 pentium machine with 18GB 10000RPM SCSI and 256 RD RAM. there are
only 12 clients. is it not enough for 12 clients. there are two cache disks
/cache1 and /cache2 both are seperate partitions of 2950MB each and free
space is 163MB on both disks. what should i do now. i have set cache_mem
32MB. plz help me out
Regards
Azeem