Re: [squid-users] Re: performance

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 09:13:26 +0200

On 05.10 02:09, azeem ahmad wrote:
> the swap is being used on my system but a little bit like upto 15MB.

that is probably OK.

> its a dual 667 pentium machine with 18GB 10000RPM SCSI and 256 RD RAM.
> there are only 12 clients. is it not enough for 12 clients. there are
> two cache disks /cache1 and /cache2 both are seperate partitions of
> 2950MB each and free space is 163MB on both disks.

2 disks 3GB big? or are they 2 partitions on the 18GB disk?

You should only use one partition on onr disk for cache, You'll only loose
performance having more partitions on the same disk.

at second, It would be better to have disk reserved only for squid cache.

as third, you should not have partition filled up to more than 90%. If you
have only 163MB of free space on 3GB partition (which is ~5%), do not
wonder you have slow responses. on 3GB partition, you probably use max
2500 MB for cache.

> what should i do now.
> i have set cache_mem 32MB. plz help me out Regards Azeem

that should be ok.

Boost your system's speed by 500% - DEL C:\WINDOWS\*.*