[squid-users] Frustrating wbinfo_group issue

From: Cole Stewart <cmestewa@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 11:49:02 -0400

Hi,

I'm having the following issue when using an external acl. I have 2
user groups on a Domain Controller, one for Open access and one for
restricted access, and each has certain users in it, although very few
as I am just in the testing stages right now. When testing out the
helper, the following happens:

[root@cacam01squid squid]# ./wbinfo_group.pl
cstewa01 AMER-LS-Open_Access
OK

Then, once the user logs in and attempts to access the site they get
an access denied error from squid. I then go and try the helper
manually again and get the following

[root@cacam01squid squid]# ./wbinfo_group.pl
cstewa01 AMER-LS-Open_Access
ERR

However other members of the group who are not logged in will return
OK. The logged in user will not show as a member of the group until
winbind is restarted. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem?

Thanks in advance,
Cole Stewart