[squid-users] Zombie sockets getting created

From: Deepa D <deepndharma@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 15:18:07 +0100 (BST)

Hi All,
   We are encountering a wierd issue with
Squid-2.5STABLE5. After some time, more than 7 to 8
hrs we see that the number of redirector clients are
increasing( and this is more or less a sudden
development) and most of them are not associated with
any process. That is, we see lots of zombie sockets
getting created. Because of this, squid fails to
service requests after a while and only a restart of
squid seems to solve this problem.
   Squid is being used as a transparent proxy with
caching disabled and the redirector count is set to 5.
But that count increased to as much as 64.
   The system configuration where squid is installed
is as follows :-
   Linux 2.4.18-14 GNU/Linux
   Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz
   RAM 512 MB
   Kindly tell me what the problem could be and plz
suggest a solution as well.
   Regards and TIA,
     Deepa