Re: [squid-users] Zombie sockets getting created

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 20:03:38 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004, Deepa D wrote:

> We are encountering a wierd issue with
> Squid-2.5STABLE5. After some time, more than 7 to 8
> hrs we see that the number of redirector clients are
> increasing( and this is more or less a sudden
> development) and most of them are not associated with
> any process. That is, we see lots of zombie sockets
> getting created.

Can you explain with other words what you are seeing? I am not sure I
understand what you try to say here..

What is "number of redirector clients"?

What is a "zombie socket"?

If you see that the number of redirector children to Squid increases and
that their parent process is not Squid then your redirector is broken.

> Because of this, squid fails to
> service requests after a while and only a restart of
> squid seems to solve this problem.

Is there anything relevant said in cache.log?